OFFICE of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYFrequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the Moodle Mobile App?
Click the link below to download the PDF document detailing how to install the Moodle Mobile app on your mobile device.
How do I clear my browser cache?
Clearing cache means deleting what’s stored in the browser’s memory, including files, cookies, and browsing history.
Clear your browser’s cache periodically for security reasons and to improve the performance of Moodle.
For all Windows supported browsers:
Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the pop-up window and follow the directions.
Mozilla Firefox: In the Clear All History pop-up window: Set Time range to clear to Everything > Select the checkboxes to delete everything except Site Preferences >Click Clear Now
Chrome: In the Clear Browsing Data pop-up window: Set Obliterate the following items from to the beginning of time > Select all checkboxes except Media licenses >Click Clear browsing data.
Edge: Under Clear browsing data: Click Choose what to clear >Select Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, Download history, Form data, and Passwords > Click Clear.
For all Mac browsers: Follow the directions, then be sure to close and reopen your browser.
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Click the Privacy tab > Click Remove All Website Data.
- Clear History > Choose all history from the Clear dropdown list > Click Clear History.
What is my username and password for MyCampus? For Moodle?
You will access all Luther Rice systems using your student email address and password. Please note that passwords are always case sensitive.
Can I access Moodle directly, without opening MyCampus Portal?
Yes. Type the URL for Moodle directly into the address bar of your internet browser. Simply type: http://moodle4.lutherrice.edu.
Before you click on the login button, add the Moodle website to your “Favorites” or “Bookmarks”.
What is my student login?
Your username is your student email address. Every student is assigned a Luther Rice email account upon acceptance. The first time you sign in, you will use the password provided to you when you were accepted. You will be required to change your initial password for security purposes; this new password will then be used each time you log-in. *Please note that passwords are case sensitive.*
How do I access my student email account?
All students should routinely check their student email account – Microsoft365. This is where you will receive official correspondence from staff and faculty. It is the student’s responsibility to check this account on a regular basis. You can login to MyCampus student portal AND/OR use this URL to check your student email https://outlook.office.com/mail. Your username is your student email address email@example.com. Contact infotech@LutherRice.edu if you require assistance logging into Microsoft365.
Where can I find my professor's email address?
Typically, all professor’s email addresses are their firstname.lastname@LutherRice.edu. For instance, if your professor’s name is Dr. John Smith, then his email address would be john.smith@LutherRice.edu. You can view the full-time faculty members email addresses by clicking here.
Why can't I change my email address in my contact information?
All students are to use their Luther Rice student email address for correspondence with Luther Rice. The email field is read-only and cannot be changed. See “FAQ 4: How do I access my Luther Rice-provided Student Email” to learn how to log-in to your student email account. All new students receive a new email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How or Where can I download Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Adobe Reader, used to view PDF documents, can be downloaded HERE.
Where do I find my classes ?
All courses are taught using Moodle Learning Management System.
Can I use my MAC/Apple computer ?
Our Office of I.T. does offer limited support on Mac/Apple computers. The support is limited in scope to just those steps necessary to setup your Safari Browser to play ShareStream videos. We are able to offer more, though limited, assistance for Windows users as well, but can only do so on a best effort basis. All students are expected to have working computers to complete their online work.
LockDown Browser + Webcam Requirement
LockDown Browser + Webcam Requirement
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams. The webcam can be the type that’s built into your computer or one that plugs in with a USB cable.
Watch this brief video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the webcam feature.
- Select the quiz in the course
- You will see the message “This quiz has been configured so that students may only attempt it using the Respondus LockDown Browser.”
- Below this will appear a “Download LockDown Browser” link. Click the button to go to the download page and then follow the instructions
- Download Respondus LockDown Browser to your computer; follow the installation instructions
- Return to the Quiz page in Moodle (it may still be open in another tab)
- Select “Launch LockDown Browser”
- The quiz will now start
Note: LockDown Browser only needs to be installed once to a computer or device. It will start automatically from that point forward when a quiz requires it.
When taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Select a location where you are comfortable having a video recording taken of yourself and your workspace environment. This area should be free of distractions and interruptions.
- Turn off all other devices (e.g. tablets, phones, second computers) and place them outside of your reach
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and also that you’ve allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Clear your desk or workspace of all external materials not permitted – books, papers, other devices
- Remain at your computer for the duration of the test
- If the computer, Wi-Fi, or location is different than what was used previously with the “Webcam Check” and “System & Network Check” in LockDown Browser, run the checks again prior to the exam
- To produce a good webcam video, do the following:
- Avoid wearing baseball caps or hats with brims
- Ensure your computer or device is on a firm surface (a desk or table). Do NOT have the computer on your lap, a bed, or other surface where the device (or you) are likely to move
- If using a built-in webcam, avoid readjusting the tilt of the screen after the webcam setup is complete
- Take the exam in a well-lit room, but avoid backlighting (such as sitting with your back to a window)
- Remember that LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
Several resources are available if you encounter problems with LockDown Browser:
- The Windows and Mac versions of LockDown Browser have a “Help Center” button located on the toolbar. Use the “System & Network Check” to troubleshoot issues. If an exam requires you to use a webcam, also run the “Webcam Check” from this area
- 24/7/365 Live Chat Support is also available from the Help Center, or from within the “it’s not working” troubleshooter.
- If you need assistance with Moodle or Respondus LockDown browser, please click on this Moodle Help Request link, also available on the dashboard of Moodle and/or on the MyCampus student portal.
- Respondus has a Knowledge Base available from support.respondus.com. Select “LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor” as the product to view helpful articles.
- If you’re still unable to resolve a technical issue with LockDown Browser, go to support.respondus.com and select “Submit a Ticket”. Provide detailed information about your problem and what steps you took to resolve it
Luther Rice College & Seminary continues to operate on the cutting edge by offering theologically sound, biblically based, flexible, technologically advanced education to students in the U.S. and around the world.
3038 Evans Mill Road
Lithonia, GA 30038