OFFICE of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Welcome to O.I.T.
- Prepare Your Computer
- New Student Help
- Mobile Device Info.
- Technology you will need...
- Office365 Online
- Software Download
- Technology FAQs
Welcome to the Office of Information Technology. We are pleased to assist our faculty, staff, and students with their technology needs. OIT is a ministry supporting the Luther Rice family. We do ask that you follow a specific protocol to request help so that we can operate the OIT in an efficient manner. All request from the faculty or staff should be submitted through the Faculty/Staff Help Desk (SysAid). Students who would like to request assistance can email their request to infotech@LutherRice.edu.
Please take time to familiarize yourself with every tab and every page. There is an answer to just about every technological question you might have.
The first thing you should do after being accepted to Luther Rice College & Seminary is to prepare your computer so that you’ll have everything you need to successfully complete your online coursework (watch videos, take exams, write papers, etc.).
- What is my Login ID and Password?
Your Luther Rice email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is your student login for nearly all our online services: Student Portal, Blackboard, Student Email, Library Services, E-book Checkouts, Financial Aid Portal, Office365 Online, etc.
- How do I set up my student email on my mobile device?
Click here: Gmail Student Email Access Options
- How Do I Access Blackboard?
Although there are several ways, here are the most common methods:
Log into the MyCampus student portal, click on the Quicklinks menu in the upper right-hand corner, then click on Blackboard.
- How Do I Access the Online Library?
Although there are several ways, here are the most common:
Luther Rice network servers are able to support mobile devices; however, the support is limited. Although most of our websites are mobile responsive, please note that Blackboard is not designed to be used in a mobile internet browser. However, there are Blackboard Mobile apps for both IOS and Android devices. If you intend to use your mobile device for online assignments, you will need to download the free app, “Bb Student”, for your specific mobile device. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) can only offer limited support for mobile devices due to the vast variety of manufacturers, models, and software versions (OS).
TFor your online education at Luther Rice, you will need:
- Regular Access to a stable, good quality, internet connection (w/ upload speed of 6 Mbps or faster; and, a download speed of 10 Mbps or faster).
- Windows 10 PC or Mac PC (Windows 10 highly recommened)
- Lockdown Browser – Used for tests/exams (Download Here)
- Google Chrome AND Mozilla Firefox internet browser (maintain latest versions)
(Mac users: You can use Safari, but you must enable All Cookies in your Safari settings)
- Enable “All Cookies” or “Third-Party Cookies) in your preferred browser settings (Firefox & Chrome have all cookies enabled by default – Safari does not).
- Microsoft Word (2010 or later ) (Recommended: Office 2016 or Office 365)
- Functional Webcam (Available at Bestbuy, Staples, Walmart, and computer/technology stores)
- VPN software/service (VPN service (to the U.S.) is highly recommended for students who travel or live outside of the United States)
New as of November 2021
Microsoft Office 365 (full edition) is available for download to active students through the MyCampus student portal. The licensing is only in effect while you are a student at Luther Rice.
Note: The Office of Information Technology at Luther Rice does not provide training or support for Microsoft products. Luther Rice College & Seminary does not sell or distribute software.
Luther Rice does not sell or distribute software. Each student must acquire his/her own software according to their needs. The recommended software applications, listed below, do have varying costs.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere – Antivirus/Anti-spyware Software ($39)
- PCMatic – Protects against viruses and optimizes your computer to run smoothly. ($50 for up to five computers)
- Microsoft Office – As an active student at Luther Rice, Microsoft Office365 is available through the MyCampus student portal.
- Lockdown Browser – Will be used for Tests/Exams (Download Here)
- Mozilla Firefox – internet browser
- Google Chrome – internet browser
- Open Office – word processor (an alternative, however, Microsoft Office is recommended)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player – Provides the ability to listen to audio & video files
TWe cover a number of issues in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Luther Rice College & Seminary continues to operate on the cutting edge by offering theologically sound, biblically based, flexible, technologically advanced education to students in the U.S. and around the world.
3038 Evans Mill Road
Lithonia, GA 30038