OFFICE of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Get your PC ready!
- New Student Help
- Mobile Device Info
- Technology you will need...
- Microsoft 365
- Software Download
- Technology FAQs
- Moodle LMS
Welcome to the Office of Information Technology. We are pleased to assist our faculty, staff, and students with their technology needs. OIT is a ministry supporting the Luther Rice family. All requests from the faculty or staff should be submitted through SysAid. Students may submit requests for technical assistance by sending an email to infotech@LutherRice.edu.
Please familiarize yourself with this website as there are answers to just about every technical question you might have.
The first thing you should do after being accepted to Luther Rice College & Seminary is to prepare your computer so that you’ll be ready to complete your online coursework (watch videos, take exams, write papers, etc.).
What is my Login ID and Password?
Your Luther Rice email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is your student login for nearly all our online services: Student Portal, Moodle, Student Email, Library Services, E-book Checkouts, Financial Aid Portal, Microsoft365, etc. T
How do I set up my student email on my mobile device?
How Do I Access Moodle LMS?
Log into the MyCampus student portal, then click on the Moodle link in the middle of the MyCampus dashboard.
How Do I Access the Online Library?
Although there are several ways, here are the most common:
- Log into your MyCampus student portal, click on the Quicklinks menu in the upper right-hand corner, then click on Library
- Use the direct link to the library: https://library.lutherrice.edu
Students may download the “Moodle” mobile app from your devices app store. Additionally, students may download the “Microsoft365” mobile app, and use Outlook to check your email. The Office of Information Technology is only able to offer limited support for mobile devices due to the vast variety of manufacturers, models, and software versions (OS).
For your online education at Luther Rice, you will need:
- Regular Access to a stable, good quality, internet connection (w/ upload speed of 5 Mbps or faster; and, a download speed of 10 Mbps or faster).
- Windows 11 PC or Mac Computer (Windows 11 is recommended)
- Google Chrome internet browser (maintain latest versions) (Mac Users: You can use Safari, but you must enable "All Cookies" in your Safari settings)
- Enable "All Cookies" or "Third-Party Cookies" in your preferred browser settings (Firefox & Chrome have all cookies enabled by default – Safari does not).
- Microsoft 365 (downloadable at no cost through MyCampus student portal.
- Functional Webcam (Available at Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, and other computer/technology stores)
- VPN software/service. Note: A VPN service to the U.S. is highly recommended, and likely necessary, for students who travel or live outside of the United States. We recommend NordVPN.
Note: The Office of Information Technology at Luther Rice does not provide training or support for Microsoft products. Furthermore, Luther Rice College & Seminary does not sell or distribute software.
Luther Rice does not sell or distribute software. Each student must acquire his/her own software according to their needs. The recommended software applications, listed below, do have varying costs.
- PCMatic Antimalware – Protects against viruses and optimizes your computer to run smoothly. ($50 for up to five computers)
- Microsoft 365 – As an active student at Luther Rice, Microsoft 365 is available to download through the MyCampus student portal.
- Google Chrome – internet browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader – PDF viewer
TWe cover a number of issues in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Moodle LMS is the web based platform, through which, you will complete your class assignments (quizes, discussion posts, exams, and more). After logging into your MyCampus student portal, you can click on the Moodle icon in the middle of the page to access your assignments.
Luther Rice College & Seminary continues to operate on the cutting edge by offering theologically sound, biblically based, flexible, technologically advanced education to students in the U.S. and around the world.
3038 Evans Mill Road
Lithonia, GA 30038